Members of Lincoln College can place a hold on a book at Lincoln College Library if all borrowing copies of a title are out on loan.
You can do this by finding the title you want on SOLO.
- Use the search box to see if a Lincoln copy is available.
- If all the copies are on loan or confined, Sign On using your Oxford Single Sign-On at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the + beside the library name in the results list.
- Under 'Request Options', click on 'Hold'.
- Change the Request information as appropriate, then click on 'Hold'.
- The message "Your request has been placed and you will be notified by e-mail when it arrives"' should appear. If it doesn't, either there is a loan copy available, Lincoln College Library does not stock the item or you have blocks on your record and you will need to speak to library staff.
For further information, see http://ox.libguides.com/content.php?pid=228044&sid=3069236
When the book on which you have placed a hold is returned to the College Library, you will receive an email to inform you. The book will be placed on the New Books shelves on your left immediately as you enter the College Library with a slip with your name on for you to collect.If you no longer require the book, please cancel the hold on SOLO and email the Library to let us know you have done this. No-one else can borrow the book until you have done this and other readers may need the book.
Back to FAQs